Our Hygienists are specially trained health professionals who work together with our Dentists to detect, treat and prevent gum disease. Patient education is an important part of this.
Very few people are able to practice perfect plaque control at home. This means that even after good home care, bacterial plaque will remain somewhere around the teeth and gums. Having all these deposits removed thoroughly on a regular basis is a great way to prevent both tooth decay and periodontal disease
Our Hygienists provide care for you by:
- Assessment of periodontal “gum” history
- Assessment of current periodontal structures, gums and dental tissues
- Observing and recording changes in dental status
- Removal of plaque and calculus (tartar)
- Removal of staining
- Assessing and developing a homecare plan for you, tailoring this to your specific needs, suggesting ways to improve and maintain oral health.
- Educating patients on the latest equipment and methods for oral hygiene homecare.
- Preventative treatment that may include polishing existing fillings, smoothing rough edges that trap plaque
- Oral health education, assisting you with the care of your child’s teeth or advice during pregnancy
- Tooth whitening to lighten your smile
At Chartwell – Rototuna Dental Centres we recommend that any effective oral care routine should include brushing twice daily, flossing daily and a system of regular 6 monthly check-ups to ensure that you detect and treat any potential issues before they becomes problems.
If it’s been a while since you checked in, contact our friendly team to arrange a consultation.