At Chartwell – Rototuna Dental Centres we understand the anxiety which can accompany many people to the dentist, often resulting from a previously painful or traumatic experience. With your comfort in mind we offer oral and I.V. sedation to any patients suffering from anxiety to help ensure you complete your treatment comfortably.
For any pre-booked appointment Chartwell – Rototuna Dental Centres are able to offer I.V.sedation by a qualified professional. This allows a completely relaxed and anxiety free dental treatment.
I.V.Hypnovel is a common sedative for patients who require extra care from anxiety, phobias or medical conditions. Under I.V. sedation time passes very quickly as a deep feeling of relaxation is induced for the duration of the treatment. Upon completion of the treatment patients remember very little, as if asleep the whole time.
In reality, you remain conscious during conscious IV sedation. You will also be able to understand and respond to requests from your dentist.
After I.V Sedation you should:
- Have your caregiver take you home and rest for the remainder of the day.
- Have a caregiver stay with you until you’re fully alert.
- Don’t perform any strenuous or hazardous activities and don’t drive a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal immediately. If you’re hungry, eat something light, e. g. liquids and toast.
- If you experience nausea, lie down for a while or have a glass of something high in sugar, like coke.
- Don’t drink alcohol or take medications for the rest of the day unless you’ve contacted your dentist first.
- Take medications as directed by your dentist.
- If you have any unusual problems, call your dentist.
To find out if you could benefit from this or another procedure schedule your consultation with our practice today.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with a surgical or invasive procedure, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.